Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Denali Team 4 - Dispatch #10

Denali Team 4: May 30-June 19, 2010

Guides: Dylan Taylor, Jeremy Ellison, Tom Kirby

Climbers: Paul Hameister, Martin Perry, Tim Myall, Andy Sweet, Brian Plaugher, Dimitri Nichiporov, Respicius Baitwa, Jay Jackson, and Siggi Soleyiarson

Dylan called at 4:30 pm PT with the following update:

“Hi, this is Dylan calling to check in. Our apologies for the delay in updates. We’re still at 14,000 feet right now. However, after a lot of discussion and considerations, the team has made the decision to head down today. The weather is beautiful right here and right now, however, the winds are significant and there is a huge cloud cap over the summit. Furthermore, the forecast calls for 50 mph wind gusts until Saturday. We’re low on days and low on food, and we just don’t have enough time left. We all hoped to move on, but we would likely just get stuck. We’ll be down to base camp by tomorrow. We’re not sure when we will fly out – that will also depend on the weather.

Bottom line is we’re all safe and sound. I’ll call you tomorrow.”



on the fin said...

message for Martin.
Cant't wait to hear all about it - be safe coming down
luv Hughie

Anna said...

Safe descent Team 4. Tom, I hope your toes are staying warm!

rachel said...

glad you are all safe and sound
safe journey home to all of you
my best wishes on all your hard work and for many beautiful mountains in the future

Flynn said...

Message for Tom Kirby:
Phroat I beg you to box out of that restaurant upon your return.