Thursday, May 26, 2016

2016 Denali West Buttress Team 2 (May 9 - 29) Dispatch 14

May 25, 2016

Guides:

Chad Cochran
Jim Mediatore
Jeremy Devine

Climbers:

Dennis Ougrin
Roxanne Litynska
Jerry Schuryk
Michael Torbett
Delfino DiMascio
Pedro Becquer
Georg Molnes


AAI guide Jim Mediatore called in late last night (5/25) to report on the progress of Team 2.

On day 17 of their expedition, Team 2 remained at Camp 3, at 14,000ft. Team 2 had another weather day, with low visibility, snow, and intermittent high winds. Team 2 spent the day playing games, enjoying each other's company and doing weather dances.

Team 2 will wait until Friday, day 19, before making an official decision as to whether or not they will move up or down the mountain.

Since the weather has not been as cooperative as they had hoped, Team 2 is asking for our good-weather vibes and support from home! Hopefully we can send enough love that the weather will allow Team 2 to make an attempt at the summit within the next couple of days!


1 comment:

Janice Pereira said...

Sending heaps of good weather vibes. Fingers all crossed! Good luck. SALL finance