Wednesday, June 21, 2017

2017 Ecuador Cayambe/Antisana Skills Expedition and Chimborazo Extension (June 16 - 30) Dispatch 2

June 21st Dispatch

Climbers: Kirsty R., Timothy S., Participant 3

Estalin Suarez

Timothy called with the dispatch for June 20th and 21st (Days 5 and 6 of the Expedition):
Hello there!

Everything is going really well!  We tried calling yesterday but couldn’t get a signal.  We’ve been waiting out the weather inside the Ruales­ Berg­ Orleas Refuge on Cayambe for the past 2 days.

Weather for tomorrow looks okay, but we’re not really sure what to expect.  Regardless, we will make our summit attempt tonight and into tomorrow.  We don’t mind taking a chance on the weather for one day.  If we get our gear wet, we’re heading back to town tomorrow where we can dry off, so we’ll be okay.

Everyone is super excited! We have great group of climbers, and Estalin has been an excellent guide.  During our stay at this hut, Estalin has been doing a great job teaching us skills.  He has also been showing us pictures of previous Cayambe climbs and getting us very excited for our summit attempt tomorrow.

We'll try to give you an update tomorrow.

No comments: