"After our rain delay yesterday, we traveled for another 2-3 hrs through variable conditions. We were about 45 mins outside of camp 1, when one of our climbers, Swati, was traveling down the trail and suddenly doubled over in pain with a potentially torn thigh muscle. We were able to build a camp at the site of her injury. The other team members were awesome about setting up the camp and getting her in to a tent very quickly. Swati was able to communicate with us about her injury and we started to make plans to bring her back to base camp. On a lighter note, once things settled down a little bit and we had dinner, we were treated to blueberry cheesecake for desert last night because it was Geoffry's 50th Birthday. We even had candles for him to blow out.
We have pretty good weather now and were able to make a plan to transport Swati back to base camp. There were some engineers in the group so they were able to cut two sleds and tie them together, so she could be transported. Paul and Mary as well as Geoff and Virginia are currently traveling back to Basecamp w/ Swati, but as weather is moving in, she won't be able to fly until tomorrow. As soon as the weather clears and Swati is headed back to Talkeetna, the four climbers will travel back to camp where we are eagerly awaiting their return. Right now, everyone is fortifying camp and we are calling this camp 1 for now. As soon as they get back, we will continue with the expedition. We are sorry to see Swati go, and hope for a speedy reccovery and to see her back in the mountains soon."