Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Denali Team 4: May 20th - June 9th - Dispatch #10

Guides: Paul Ivaska, Jeremy Allyn, Paul Rachele

Climbers: Manish Kumar (New York), Brian Burkholder (MIssissippi), Jeff Smith (UK), Roland Thomas (UK), Michael Palij (UK), Jane Amies (UK), Greg Umbach (Canada), Lloyd Cook (Canada)

Paul called Tuesday June 5 with the following update:

“We have returned to the camp at 14,000 feet.  The weather at high camp was atrocious, and the forecast for the next four days is for sustained winds at 45 mph.  It is definitely not summit weather. 

"This team is really strong, and I have no doubt they all would have made it if we had gotten a break in the weather. 

"We’ll be here tonight and will probably head down tomorrow, but we don’t have a schedule set yet.  We’ll let you know when we decide to move.  That’s it for now.  Hello from all of us to everyone back home.”


Unknown said...

Glad to hear that every one is safe.

Every good wish,


Noe: you have high calorie spicy Indian snacks awaiting you at K2. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

We wish you all a safe journey home. You have a lifetime of amazing adventures ahead of you.

All the best, we look forward to hearing about your trip Lloyd.

Darshan and Harj